THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 pm 

Edit due to pic size being massive

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:03 am 

Newey finally confirmed then. Big, big loss to RB, regardless of the fact his workload has mostly been on the RB17 in recent times. Newey is the greatest brain F1 has ever had.

I wonder whether this could potentially trigger a small domino effect within the team, a few journalists have said that they think there are more senior figures who are at the least feeling unsettled with the state and direction of the team.

Whilst I don't think Newey's departure will be enough to make Max consider leaving, with the new regulations and the potential of a Lewis, Vasseur, Newey team at Ferrari, teams like Aston, Mercedes and Audi will do whatever it takes to bring the right people in for 2026. When the Horner scandal appeared and developed I said then that there was no way Max would ever leave RB, in fact I thought at the time it was more likely he'd retire at the end of his current deal in 2028 than ever race in different colours. However, with all the uncertainty and movement happening, it may not be so unlikely anymore - especially if Marko leaves/retires due to the uncertainty and instability at RB.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 am 

You'd have thought RBR would have left the announcement to tomorrow, and not do it on the 30th anniversary of the day Ayrton Senna was killed in a car Newey designed.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:14 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
You'd have thought RBR would have left the announcement to tomorrow, and not do it on the 30th anniversary of the day Ayrton Senna was killed in a car Newey designed.

Good point.

I don't like to get too tribal about F1 because I don't think it should necessarily be like that (rivalry is great, but not tribalism), but I am really building an extremely strong dislike of the team.

Their conduct after Lewis was cheated out, followed by cheating themselves through spending, as well as unsavoury characters such as Horner, Marko and to a certain extent Max - I really don't like them.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:49 pm 

It’s certainly a huge loss to RBR, however they dress it up.

Surely it can only be Ferrari or retirement from F1 altogether?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8